Tuesday, April 28, 2009

... yet onother passed by

Yet onother milestone crossed... yet onother year have passed... leaving behind some trails of happiness, some of disgust, some that carved imperishable imprints into the hearts and many memories, of times that cannot ever be reverted back...
Today was the last exam of my 3rd year in NITD. How astonishing it is that I have completed 3/4th of my journey to B.Tech within some flying moments! It feels like just a wink of an eye and ow!3 years are now nothing but a past! A past that  holds a colage of memories that were reality sometimes back. Those which I could see, feel and touch, now are just some glimpses that flashes as if some dream in broad daylight. 
As I step on to yet onother rock, yet onother year of my life(oh wel, for all students an academic year emerges as if a new year of life!!), the glimpses hold me back, clasps me in its clutches too often. Sometimes a pleasure, sometimes a disgust, but what remains prevalent is the fact that they can never come back! Memories, just as sand slipping out of your palm, flows out, how much you try to hold them back. Moments, like the fine grains of sand, are not always smooth, neither is too rough, but what is important is they exist, assemble to give a big impact, and when they slip off, its impossible to find them back one my one. But still you remember some of the special grains, long to find some of them back or wish to forget some.
These three years of my college gave me lots of such special grains to remember, and a few to wish-to-forget too! Sometimes, as I lean back, with an empty mind, a contempt mind to just relax in solitude, glimpses of some past moments play hide and seek in my mind. Life is never a picture perfect, bt neither a havoc of sorrows and miseries. Life is a perfect balance, and its how you manage to keep the needle of the balance gadget at place decides how you percieve life to be. And I percieve my past three years to be one very mixed phase. I learnt things, bt never mind, I never learnt a single chapter of any subject studied so far! I learnt how to stay content with some big zeroes in your answer sheet!! :D I learnt to tackle worse situations with a smile. I learnt to live life vividly enough amidst adversities, be it the first glimpse of the syllabus just a night before exams, incomplete assignments just an hour before submissions or laughing out loud when you are an "out-standing" student on the day of test! And I learnt the art of GTalk and facebook! I learnt to express myself. I learnt to befriend people as if we were born together. And I collected some pearls from the sand as well! I learnt the meaning of smile, how a simple smiley- :) can mean a lot! I learnt how friendship never fades, but becomes stronger, no matter how far or near you are. Yes, I learnt life in its true sense in my past three years.
But as I look back, I see things that I desparately dont want to be a past, but a present forever. I see those shiny bright shells in the sand being carried away by the sea. How I wish to hold them back! But the sea never stops its flow. Its waves hit with the same fervour each time. I too see some rough grains, which gives me immense pleasure thinking that its lost in past. Yet another year is passing out from NITD, leaving behind loads of such memories at this place itself. And as I look back, I miss that last batch that had already passed out, I miss the days spent together. And I see a dejavu of the same as another year is leaving, carving out another chapter in my book of memories. 
But yet, another most important lesson I learnt all througout these years is to move on. Remembering the past, and longing for even more gud memories in future, I have learnt to live the present. The sand that slipped off the palms can never be recollected, but life is all about collecting more sand. And who knows, someday you may get back some of the grains of the same sand that had slipped off without even realising! Thus I live life, sometimes going through the chapters of my book of memories, or busy collecting new grains with a hope of recollecting some of the old ones as well!! And thus I step forward, to a new location, of the same beach yet though, for some new sand to grasp within my fingers...

3 comments:

Pratim said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Pratim said...

thats the craftsmanship of a sculptor who has been given a pen-knife to carve a figure out of stone, still finishes the job with stupendous clarity... not seasoned yet so expressive... gud work bud!

TaniaSharma said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.